Shoulder Pain Wichita
Shoulder pain is a pretty common issue for a lot of the patients we see at Advanced Wellness & Rehab. Shoulder pain normally comes from several inherent conditions. Pain in the shoulders may be caused by dysfunctions including rotator cuff abnormalities and inflammatory pain. Shoulder pain can also be caused by muscle spasms and joint arthritis. Our chiropractic physicians and therapists will proper discover the root of your shoulder pain and apply the best suited treatment for your pain.
Reasons For Shoulder Pain:
- Rotator Cuff Injury – The rotator cuff is a rather delicate and injury prone region, muscles and tendons in the rotator cuff are usually quite frail. The smallest motions such as reaching behind your seat in a car or lifting up a weighted object the wrong way can activate tears and stress in the area may cause extreme pain.
- Brachial Plexopathy -This syndrome describes pain and weakness related to compression of the brachial plexus, that is a large grouping of nerves going from your neck into your arms. The brachial plexus may become injured by compression of muscles, trauma, bone, tumor or inflammation and movement of your neck and shoulders can worsen the pain symptoms.
- Tennis Elbow – Is a painful condition that happens when tendons in your elbow are overworked, usually by repetitive motions of the wrist and arm.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – (CTS) refers to a frequent, particular pattern of hand discomfort, numbness, or paresthesia (burning discomfort) that occurs along the palm into the fingers and wrist.
- Arthritis – Joint degeneration, inflammation and stiffness may cause shoulder pain.
- Frozen Shoulder – Stiffness and pain in your shoulder joint. Signs and symptoms usually start slowly and can worsen over time. Your risk of developing frozen shoulder increases if you are recovering from a medical condition or procedure that affects the mobility of your arm — such as a stroke or a mastectomy
Shoulder Pain Treatment
Once diagnosed, we supply you with optimal treatments to assist your condition and bring you out of pain as soon as we can. Here are some of our treatment options:
- Spinal Adjustments – Routine spinal adjustments puts your body in proper posture alignment and helps to relieve muscle strain.
- Spinal Decompression – Pinch nerved in the neck and shoulders can be relieved through the treatment of spinal decompression.
- Massage Therapy – Massaging and stretching the muscle can relieve pain and tension in the neck, shoulder, arm, and hand muscles. Massage increases blood flow to the muscles and helps to promote flexibility in the body’s strained areas allowing proper function. Also over time massage therapy works to bring the body into proper posture position which prevents future pain and can eliminated risk of certain conditions.
The chiropractic physicians and therapist at Advanced Wellness & Rehab provide high quality treatments for shoulder pain. Do not suffer with pain, receive safe & effective pain relief.