Muscle Pain Relief
Pain Management Services
Relief for Muscle Pain
Muscle pain is one of the most common forms of pain to experience. Muscle pain can stem from repetitive movement during work or a task, overuse of a muscle group in a hard workout or a serious injury from impact or intense strain.
Treatments for Chronic Muscle Pain at Advanced Wellness & Rehab
One of our muscle and joint pain specialists will do a comprehensive evaluation to determine your diagnosis and treatment options for your muscle pain. Our specialists may advise you on actions you can take to reduce pain, including lifestyle changes that can help better your muscle pain condition and control long-term health.
Depending on your specific muscle pain condition, the treatments may include:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Behavioral therapy
- Therapeutic massage
Causes of Muscle Pain
Muscle contains soft tissue that can be prone to injury. Muscle pain and muscle soreness can range from a slight pain such as a tender muscle or stiff neck to a more severe chronic pain such as a strain, pull or tear. Muscle pain is often due to excessive tension, stress, overuse and/or injuries. Muscle pain is normally specific to one area of the body. Systemic muscle pain is a pain felt throughout the entire body. Systemic muscle pain is often due to an infection, sickness, or reaction to a certain type of medication. It is important to identify the difference between the two types of pain so that proper treatment can be administered.
Below we provide some of the main causes of muscle pain:
- Delayed-onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) – Pain and stiffness from strenuous exercise
- Muscle Cramp – Sudden contraction of muscles, ex: calf cramp
- Muscle Strain / Pull – Hypertension of muscle fibers causing pain
- Repetitive Movement Strain – Muscle which has been over fatigued
- Sprain – Stretching or tearing of a ligament
- Fibromyalgia – Disorder of wide spread musculoskeletal pain
- Flu – Viral infection
- Lupus – Long term inflammatory disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – Chronic inflammatory disease that affects small joints in the hands and feet
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – Extreme fatigue disorder made worse by physical or mental activity
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome– Chronic pain disorder where trigger points in the muscles cause pain in unrelated parts of the body
If you are suffering from muscle pain please give us a call. We can set up a consultation to help identify the cause of your pain and get you on track to living a pain-free life.